Friday, September 27, 2013

Last Night

After my last class, which ended at 8:30 at night, before I headed home to get ready to go out (no class on Fridays), Steve and I grabbed a pivo in the pub in the basement of FAMU. It's really nice actually down there, and 0.5L of Budvar is only 24 kronus (about $1.25 USD), which is fantastic as always. You just gotta love the fact that there's a music pub in the basement of your film academy--doesn't get much better than that. We finished our drinks and stepped out into the surprisingly bitter cold night, only to notice a concert/fair occurring on the man-made island in the middle of the river. It was pretty neat--heavy rock bands would play one or two songs and then step off stage for the next band to play. Food stands sold huge kielbasas smothered in peppers and dijon, and of course a cold pivo to top it off. There was even Old Prague Ham--which I've dubbed OPH (Oh-f)--and I spent a nice ten or so minutes watching it turn and smelling the dry wood fire burning under it. We headed back and grabbed some doner, which is pretty much the Chipotle of Prague except it's always the same thing--sauce, chicken/beef, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes in some sort of bread pita. It's delicious.

Trish had some friends from DC who are studying in London come visit, so we decided to hit Wencesclas Square, which is sort of like the Times Square of Prague, except with less lights and better architecture. We went to a bar/club (I can't really tell the difference anymore) called Beer Factory--always a good sign in my book. It had a $5 entry fee followed by all the beer you could drink. Every table had its own beer tap and you can just fill your glass up however many times you wanted. I personally tapped out after I had a 'moment' with the male stripper who I don't even think worked there, now that I think about it. There was a pole that anyone could dance on, and this guy was up there for a solid hour just working it like he was getting paid by the hip thrust. Most of the time, he just watched himself dance in a mirror wall which surrounded half the pole, which is what tipped me off to this guy being an interesting case. I was off to the side of the dance floor, taking a break from all the gyrating I'm pretty sure I did last night, drinking my beer and watching everyone else do things they probably wouldn't if they knew someone was watching, when all of a sudden I see this dancing guy get off the pole and walk right up to me. He reached for what I thought was my butt, so I sort of jumped a bit. It's not that I would have minded too much if some random guy decided to grab my ass, but this guy I had seen do some oddly, let's say carnal, things with his body, and I just didn't trust the idea of him touching me (who knows what he could happen). Turns out he was just reaching for his shirt, which was definitely off by the way, from the stool behind me. He noticed he kinda freaked me out though, so he stood right next to me, put his shirt on, then turned to me and looked me right in the eyes. I didn't really know what else to do but look him right back in the eyes. He then reached out his hand, as if to say "It's alright, All is One and One is All" or something like that (I was pretty drunk at this point), and we had a firm handshake with a complementary nod to go along with it. I'm not really sure what it meant, but I felt good about it. No words were spoken, no greetings nor farewells. I'm sure I'll never see him again, or if I do, I won't try to talk to him, as he was that guy that danced on a stripper's pole alone for over an hour. We left around 1:30-2am, hit up another pub down a side street for a cool down pivo, then grabbed some late night munchies at the non-stop pizza place by the tram stop and headed home. We all hung out in Jose's room once we got back, passing out in our "chill" circle one by one until there were about 3 of us left conscious. That's when I went to my room one floor below.

It's not exactly the most interesting story, but I had a good time last night and I feel like it's an appropriate way to show you how a typical night of mine might progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment