Sunday, September 29, 2013

Salvador Dali Exhibit

The day was Friday. I woke up to sun shining through the shutters onto my hungover face, jumpstarting my consciousness and telling me that my slumber had come to an end. Deciding when to actually sit up right is never an easy decision for me on a weekend morning, but I generally force myself into it when it's past 1:30 in the afternoon. With the intent of enjoying the pleasantly brisk autumn day that was at hand, I rounded the troops together and planned a day in the city. At first, we considered going to the planetarium, but every show is in Czech and costs a lot of money. Then perhaps the Eiffel Tower replica placed on the highest point in Prague that overlooks the entire city, though I think we figured that would be too much of a trek (we ended up going on that excursion the following day anyways). Finally, Watman had the idea of visiting the Salvador Dali Exhibition in Old Town Square, and we were all immediately sold. On our way there, Jose and I bought a board game called Settlers of Catan, which is a game that I play with all of my friends at home and also came to dominate at my summer camp. I've been teaching Steve and Watman, and already we have pretty competitive games, though I still always win. We explored a few book stores on the way from the game store to the square; I never realized how much Prague is literarily oriented. Example: I recently found a quaint little place just a few blocks from my apartment building called Ouky Doky Cafe that is furnished with worn out couches, Peruvian rugs and bookshelves on every wall--I think I'll write there form now on. The exhibit was insanely beautiful and masterfully trippy at the same time, a comparative duo I think only Dali could truly achieve successfully. That's where my pictures for this gallery begin. I'll let the pictures explain the rest of the story. All in all, a great day.

NOTE: Quick Gallery unfortunately crops out part of my pictures, but if you want to see them all in their original aspect ratio, just check them out on my Facebook. I have a photo album titled "Dare I say it...Prague."

Get Adobe Flash player

No comments:

Post a Comment